Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas in Denver (Part 2)

Oh hey!
Yeah. Still talking about Christmas over here.

Christmas morning we woke up, set everyone's stocking's out and got busy getting lunch ready. I don't know about y'all, but Thanksgiving and Christmas day are the two days out of the year where we eat good. Turkey, ham, dressing, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, rolls, and for mom...cranberry sauce! : )

I couldn't wait to open my stocking, so in the middle of getting lunch ready we opened them. Stockings are the best! There's just something about sticking your hand in a huge sock not knowing what you will pull out. It's the mystery I tell ya!

*Disclaimer: Yes, I realize that these pictures are cheesy and that most of you probably don't care to see a billion pictures of us opening gifts/stockings/eating Christmas lunch...but my 80 year old self will and that's what this is all about! 


After everyone's stockings were empty there was one big gift covered with my Taylor Swift blanket left. It was the one I had been dying to see too. 
Y'all...Garrett made this for me!


Oh. My. Goodness. It has my SIGNED shirt in it that I wore when I met her, our ticket stubs, my Club Red bracelet, signed album covers, the Red Tour book, my Club Red pass, the note Garrett wrote me last Christmas telling me I was going to her concert in Denver VIP style, and confetti that fell from the sky during the last song of the concert. He saved some! 
I couldn't quit looking at it.

Then I saw what the caption said. 
My favorite all time song by Taylor is called "Long Live" and it starts out saying "I said remember this moment, in the back of my mind...". The caption he had put on there says:
"Remember This Moment"
Taylor Swift The Red Tour
2013

How perfect is that? I was bent over looking at it, getting all teary eyed, trying to talk myself out of crying in front of everyone, but I couldn't do it. I cried, and inside I wanted to cry harder, but I kept it in check. It's PERFECT!

And then it was lunch time! 


That night we went to Blossoms of Light at the Denver Botanic Gardens. It was COLD but so pretty!


My family left the next morning and I was NOT ready for them to go! It's just so much more fun when everyone is together. Especially when one of them has an adorable baby belly. I hate missing out on my sister's stomach growing and all the things that come along with it. I almost wanted to get in the car and go with them.

The next day Garrett and I both had to work and his family got in that night. It was a nice feeling knowing that we had more family in town for the weekend. We had a great time with them as well and didn't want them to leave either. I hate saying goodbye to family!

Our Christmas this year was wonderful and we can't wait to spend time with our families again soon! Maybe one of these days we will be talked to moving back to Texas.


5 comments:

  1. Haha, I guess I'm the exception because I love those type of pictures, lol.

    I love stocking gifts too! They are actually my favorite. More than the bigger Christmas gifts.

    And seriously, why can't we eat like Thanksgiving and Christmas ALL the time? Oh wait, I know. My thighs couldn't take it.

    And the gift that Garrett made for you. Oh my word! What a thoughtful gift! It touched me that you cried. He is amazing!

    I love all the pictures of y'all with all the lights! So pretty.

    I know what you mean. Whenever I have to leave family I feel the same way. It gets harder every single time. And when my sister was pregnant with my niece I felt like I was missing out on so much so I made her send me pictures of her growing bump everyday, lol.

    Glad you had a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gift from Garrett is so perfect that my eyes teared up reading it!!! That is so sweet and so perfect. I mean, you can never wash that shirt since it's signed so it makes perfect sense that it be preserved forever that way. It's so hard to leave family when you don't get to see them often. You just have to enjoy those good times....and clearly you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like quite a wonderful Christmas!!! I LOVE the present your hubby gave you! What a sweet thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While reading this post, of course I HAD to go back and read the posts you wrote about seeing / meeting Taylor Swift. ohmygod! I can't believe you got to meet her! You are such a lucky gal! I would've died!! I just adore her and every little thing she does! :)

    Such a nice thing that your hubby did for you btw..that man is certainly head over heels in love with you! I love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed my family this Christmas! Glad you got to spend time with yours, looks like fun! I'm ready for Christmas again =)
    XO, Jennie
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete