Monday, July 14, 2014

Sweet Summertime


Hi guys!

I had the urge to write today, not that I have anything too incredibly important to talk about. Does that ever happen to you? You have the urge to write but feel like you have nothing in particular to write about? It happens over here allllll the time! 

Either that, or what I want to write about is something that has been bothering me, making me sad, or stressing me out. I typically have the urge to write when I am feeling down because, for me, writing is a coping skill. I like to use it as a medium for my personal thoughts, and not-so-happy feelings. With that being said, I don't want it to become a negative space. Where's the fun in that? Plus, today what I am feeling is EXCITEMENT! : )

I have a really exciting summer coming up! Here's the low down...in case you care.

JULY

1. My parents are coming to visit! I haven't seen them since March, and Garrett and I are really excited that they will be here soon! We are going to a Rockies baseball game while they are here and will probably do some shopping. Yessssss! 

2. Mine and Garrett's 4 year anniversary is the 31st! Garrett planned a trip to Steamboat Springs for us and I can't wait! A nice little getaway in a small mountain town? YES please!

Throwback to our wedding. 
Mexico, July 2010


AUGUST

1. Garrett and I are going home to Texas! It has been way too long since we have both been able to go home together. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even tell you the last time. I haven't seen Kinley since she was a week old, and Garrett has never met her so, needless to say, we are both dying to see that sweet baby! I have a feeling I'm not going to want to leave her side.

Kinley perfectly modeling a dress we got her from H&M.



2. PARIS! Mom and I leave for France mid August and it still hasn't fully hit me. I have been dying to go back to Europe since my last trip in 2007 and it is finally almost here! We will be in Paris for a couple of days and then will board a river cruise from Paris to the Beaches of Normandy. I am SO very thankful that my mom invited me along on this trip and can't wait to make some great memories together. 

I love having things to look forward to. Those little, or big, things are the meaning of life! 

What fun things do you have planned this summer?








4 comments:

  1. My gosh-what an AMAZING mother daughter trip!! You two are going to have a blast. It sounds amazing. I am hoping I make it back to Paris one day too. You have so many great trips to look forward to-which is kind of a must in my book!! There was a wedding every day we were in MX. My first thought was always that the bride has got to be sweating her butt off 'cause I know I would be. Were you super hot? It's such a beautiful location so I totally understand why there are so many there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such an amazing trip! Normandy was so intense, but so wonderful to visit. I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paris is a great city - my sister is moving there in the summer and I can't wait to go visit! You should hop over to London while you're there! Not that I'm biased but I do think its the best European city! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy that it's been four years for you guys already!!! Congrats on the Paris trip, make sure to take lots of pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete