Saturday, August 9, 2014

Celebrating 4 Years!


A couple of weekends ago, Garrett and I drove to Steamboat Springs to celebrate our 4 year anniversary. I had no idea we were going anywhere but Garrett surprised me with the trip! Trips, even short one nighters, are my favorite, so needless to say I was excited. 

We left Denver Saturday and after about 4 hours we were there. 4 hours seems kind of long but the trip was pretty so it wasn't so bad. That's the good thing about weekend trips in Colorado, usually, if you are headed West into a mountain town, the trip is gorgeous! We pulled into our hotel, checked in, and went to explore. We knew we wanted to do the Alpine Slide and got in line for that. I had done one before in Tennessee when I was younger, but Garrett never had. 

 
I was brave until we were next in line and then I started to get nervous. "What if I fall off?" "What if my scooter thing goes off the trail?" 


Once it was our turn I decided to just go for it, and even though we said we weren't racing, I pushed my thing that controls the speed all the way and took off. I was winning for about 1 minute and then Garrett passed me and I never saw him again until the end. He won this one.

Afterwards we had gelato. I did something weird and got mint chocolate chip, it was delicious. His is lemon.


We played putt putt and I kicked his butt butt! : ) See what I did there? 
I never win putt putt so I rode on that high for the rest of the night. 

 
 That evening we had pizza for dinner. One of my favorite things about going somewhere new is trying out the best places to eat there. This pizza place was ranked high and it did not disappoint. 


Sunday morning we woke up and had brunch at Creekside Cafe and Grill. If you are ever in Steamboat I suggest going here. The food was amazing and the view just as great. 


After brunch we headed to the river to float. It was my first time to float a river and I loved it. I have to admit (mainly because Garrett will give me a hard time if I don't) that I may have been a little grumpy when our tubes kept getting caught on the rocks. Also (even though Garrett told me not too) I took my phone with me, in the top of my swimsuit. I had to take pictures! Well, as we were trying to grab onto eachother's tubes, Garrett pulled me into a tree branch and down I went. Completely under water, phone and all. I have to brag on iPhone's, that bad boy still worked!

Floating a river is relaxing (when you aren't having to pull your tube off of rocks) and was so much fun. I was ready to go again as soon as we were done! 


Sunday afternoon we headed back to Denver. It was a short, but fun, trip! Mountain towns are so pretty and the weather is always nice. We especially liked Steamboat because it had that mountain town feel but also had alot to do! We are already wanting to go back.

Our actual anniversary was on July 31st. We said no gifts since we had gone on the little trip, but when I came home from work that evening, there on the table was a beautiful Orchid that looked exactly like the one's that were at our wedding! The sweet note and box of my favorite Voodoo Doughnut doughnuts didn't hurt either! ; )
 
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Babe,
 I feel so lucky to call you my husband! Thank you so much for not only planning this little getaway, the flowers, and sweet note, but more importantly being just as good to me every single day! You are the best person I know and I'm so thankful you love me back! : ) 

 


3 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest post. Had me smiling the whole time :) Love how y'all compete, haha.

    I was worried about your phone for a second and relieved when you said it still worked, that's awesome! Looks like a great time, glad you were both able to get away and celebrate! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! You are a brave one for bringing that phone along. I'm so glad it still works!! You are so lucky. I would so love to float along like that. I can't swim though so unless I knew the water was shallow I'd probably be too scared. What a nice little getaway. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... What a fun getaway! Happy anniversary to the two of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete