Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cake Batter Rice Krispies

When I saw this recipe here, I knew I had to make it.

Seriously, cake batter and Rice Krispies?

I have made cake batter truffles before and they were delicious, so I thought how can I go wrong with yet another cake batter recipe? Turns out, I couldn't!

So, I gathered up the ingredients...


What you need:

5 to 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
3 Tbsp. Butter
2/3 Cup Yellow Cake Mix
1 10oz Bag Mini Marshmallows
Optional: Sprinkles

What to do:

Melt butter in a large nonstick saucepan over low heat and then add marshmallows.


Add the cake mix once the marshmallows start to melt. Once the mixture is all melted together you can go ahead and throw in the cereal. If you are using sprinkles you can throw half of them in there too. 

Press into a baking dish. You can use any size, we used an 8x8 and it worked great. Then, if you want sprinkles, put the other half on top. Let cool before cutting into.

I used sprinkles but you can't see them. Bummer. So then, I sprinkled some extra cake mix over the top of ours. It was pretty tasty!


Garrett and I both agreed that these were the best Rice Krispies treats that we had had. That's sayin' something!


I hope you have all had a great week so far! 2 more days...


29 comments:

  1. these look so yummy Whit! and simple too....that's a good combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love rice krispies! these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They were pretty tasty if I do say so myself! : ) Thanks Katie!

      Delete
  4. Oh my!! Mmmm Mmmm! These look so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I want these soo bad! I need to make them but vegan style... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let meknow how they turn out if you do! I'm all for trying vegan style Rice Krispies Treats! : )

      Delete
  6. Loooove rice krispy snacks - seriously you can't go wrong with these yummies :) Thanks for sharing. Lovely little blog you have here.

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasia! I agree...you can't go wrong with them! : )

      Delete
    2. OMGGG Whitney, I just read your Crockpot BBQ Chicken and I maaaay have just yelped a little. You post great recipes! Can't wait to read more! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for following, I really appreciate your support <3

      Delete
  7. Wow this looks delicious, I love cake batter, I have pinned this so I don't forget to try it! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am excited to expore yours even more.

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning this Carlee!! If you try them I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Thanks for stopping by! : )

      Delete
    2. Whitney I did try them today! They are wonderful! Thanks for the recipe! We used Funfetti Cake Mix!

      Carlee

      Delete
    3. Ahhh I bet Funfetti was PERFECT! I didn't even think about that. I am glad you liked them! : )

      Delete
  8. I am SO making these! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so delicious, gotta try these. Thanks for stopping by place and for the follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat recipe! We love the Rice Krispie treats can't imagine making them better...gonna have to try this! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cake Batter = MY FAVORITE!! I cannot wait to try out this recipe!! Thanks for sharing at TwoSasters (come back tomorrow...these will be featured)!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I featured this recipe on my blog today! I linked back to your site, I love this recipe!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete