Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pretzel Necklaces, Llamas, and Beer


It's Monday night, or really early Tuesday morning if you want to get technical, 12:06am. I'm sitting here watching George Lopez, munching on Vanilla Brown Sugar Almonds, and wishing I could travel back in time to Saturday and purchase a large bag {or two} instead of the small bag we decided on. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. These things are good.

Saturday Garrett and I went to Parker Oktoberfest. Denver and the surrounding areas are known for their eclectic collection of beer and often host festivals celebrating that fact. During this time of year there are several "beer" related events and festivals, and since Garrett loves his beer and I love my festival, we went. Thank you Living Social for the $13 "deal", it was well worth it!

With this "deal" we got a half liter glass mug in which you were allowed to get two types of beer of your choice. Also included was a pretzel necklace and an entrance into a competition. I wanted to enter into the pie eating contest SO bad, I've always wanted to do one of those, but the pies were all fruit pies and fruit pies are gross. I don't think I could actually win, after the equivalent of two slices I would be too full. But, what's better than stuffing your face with pie? 
Nothing, is the answer.

Garrett redeemed the tickets for the beer and I redeemed the ticket for the pretzel necklace. We bought a small bag of Vanilla Brown Sugar Almonds from a local vendor, and watched the children's yodeling contest and some of the adult "strongman" contest. I sipped on fresh brewed sweet tea, spent about 20 minutes in the petting zoo with an adorable 27 year old llama, and munched on a Bierock that Garrett sweetly bought for us in the pouring rain.
On a side note, as you probably know, the rain has been legit here.
Rain is my favorite.


I loved the petting zoo. There were goats, a pig, a llama, a miniature horse AND donkey, and sheep. One of the goats snuck up on my side and stole one of the pretzels off of my necklace. He crunched it right in half and ate it. 


On the way home we got caught in a flash flood warning and waited it out at Chili's.
Good decision babe! 


Sunday was football. You're looking at the number one spot in our fantasy football league! : ) For now...

On a not so happy note, this little guy had dental surgery Monday.
 Garrett and I were nervous wrecks worrying about him but he did just great. He's home now, a little groggy, 12 teeth less, and healing. Poor baby, he is only 4 years old and has a whopping 14 teeth of his original 30 left. The Dr. said that unfortunately he got the short end of the stick in the teeth department with his genetics. We are just glad it's over with!


I am not ready for this week to start AT ALL. 
I'm just living for the weekends these days.

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving the certificate from the vet! My cat Bonnie (RIP) also drew the short straw for tooth genetics. She only had a few teeth left by the time she died at age 18. She was even missing her fang teeth! Which made it hilarious when she would hiss at our other kitty, Larry. :-) I hope Junior feels better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the first I've heard of a cat having dental surgery but they have teeth so I guess they can have a lot of the same issues that people have. Poor little thing. The goat stole your pretzel! That is hilarious. What a fun outing. I'd love to go to a beer fest or a beer tasting or something like that. They have different things here but we just haven't caught one yet. Love your black and white striped top. I basically live for the weekends too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dental surgery for a cat? I've never heard of that before :/ so glad he did well!

    As for your weekend, what fun! I so want to be there! I would have stolen your pretzels too!

    I love Chilis! So good! I always get their southwestern eggrolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a fun festival. It's really too bad that you didn't join in the pie eating contest. That would have been fun to have seen pictures of. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Junior! Glad he's okay! Looks like a fun weekend and your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whitney!! Y'all are always doing something some fun activity!!! Glad y'all are ok with all the rain!!

    ReplyDelete