Monday, September 25, 2017

23 Weeks Update

 23 Weeks
How far along? 23 Weeks 

Weight gain/loss? Down 1 pound from my starting weight. Having to watch your carb/sugar intake will do that to ya.

Maternity clothes? Some maternity and some of my normal clothes. Mainly just leggings/yoga pants that are stretchy and more loose fitting tops still fit. I went to Motherhood Maternity and bought some maternity clothes finally! A pair of jeans, and several tops. I wore my first maternity outfit to class on Wednesday and was pretty comfortable.

Sleep? Same as last week. Constantly peeing and constantly tossing and turning because my ass cheeks and legs hurt. I have been waking up between 6-8am (if you know me, this is so early for me!) which is kind of nice other than needing a nap halfway through the day.

Best moment this week? We had an ultrasound on Thursday and our baby boy is doing just great! His heart looks good, and he is growing! His abdomen was measuring a little big so this is something they will look at next time. The doctor said that since this is my first child, we don't know if I "grow big babies or small babies", and having a bigger abdomen can mean that there is too much glucose in the baby's system, so just something to keep an eye on. 

Another sweet moment was this weekend when I went to look at maternity clothes, Garrett went into Carters by himself and bought an outfit for the baby! A button up, collared, blue and white gingham onesie. SO CUTE. 

Garrett also felt the baby kick for the first time this week!!

Movement? Yes! Still mainly flutters/twitches, but they are more often and are getting stronger. Sometimes they even kind of feel uncomfortable when it's on my full bladder.

Miss anything? I miss being able to sleep throughout the night, and being able to sleep on my back. I read that I wasn't supposed to after the 2nd trimester, is this true?

Food cravings? Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! I have been eating them almost every day. I have to eat all-natural peanut butter to cut out some of the sugar that is in brands like Jif (the delicious peanut butter) so they aren't the best pb&j's, but they hit the spot.

Food aversions? No, nothing specific.

Symptoms: Peeing often. Leg aches. Being emotional and crying anytime I get too happy or sad.

Started to show yet? Yes. 
  
Mood this week? Normal? I've had a pretty good, overall uneventful, week. 

What I am looking forward to? Our next appointment, my parents visiting, ordering furniture for the nursery, and this weekend! I think we are going to the mountains to see the fall colors and that is always fun.

Next appointment? October 12th

No comments:

Post a Comment