Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Twenty Twooooo-oooooh Weeks


Hi there! Hello! Howdy! He...just kidding. I'm done.

It's 11pm and I had the itch to talk, and Garrett is already asleep, so I decided to talk to y'all and go ahead and write my 22 week baby update. Also, today is my last day of being at 22 weeks! 

I can't believe how quickly this is going by, Baby Cypert will be here before we know it. Oh God, that is TERRIFYING. And also so so exciting. Every time I think about Garrett and I with a baby, I get teary eyed, I still think that it hasn't fully sunken in. 

22 Weeks

How far along? I've been constantly singing 22 by Taylor Swift all week. But, honestly, when am I not singing Taylor Swift songs?  (Side note: Her album comes out November 10th and I AM SO EXCITED!!!)

Weight gain/loss? I don't weigh myself at home, so I'm not sure. I guess I will find out tomorrow at our appointment. 

Maternity clothes? Still fitting into most of my normal clothes, but I did buy my first pair of maternity leggings from Target this week! Ok...WHY don't we wear maternity pants all the time? These leggings are comfortable!! I did try on jeans though and they were terrible. Talk about major crotch sag....I felt like a homeboy in those.

Sleep? Same as last week. Constantly peeing and constantly tossing and turning because my ass cheeks and legs hurt. A friend told me about some stuff that she used on her legs that really helped (thanks Neesy!!), so I am going to be on the hunt for that this weekend.

Garrett was gone this past week on a business trip, so I had to sleep alone. I'm used to him being next to me, and used to knowing that he will fight off all of the bad guys that are going to break into our house and get me. So, needless to say, without him here, I didn't sleep as well.

Best moment this week? Face timing with Garrett while he was gone and both of us getting teary eyed when talking about the baby because we already love this child so much! Also, getting to see Garrett tonight a bit before class. I had missed him while he was gone! Ok, and also cuddling with our new kitten Martin. We had this moment where I was holding him like a baby and we were just looking into each others eyes and it was the sweetest thing.

Movement? Yes! Still only feeling little flutters and twitches here and there, but I love it. It really helps ease my mind when I start worrying too much that something is wrong. (I have no reason to worry as much as I do, it's just who I am apparently. When I love someone, it's a given that I'm going to worry about losing them way too often.)

Miss anything? I think that at this point, what I miss most is just being able to eat normally without having to count carbs and be mindful of it all. I already had such a love/hate relationship with food, so having to focus so heavily on it at every meal has been difficult. At the same time, it's been sort of a blessing in disguise because I have had to be mindful of what I eat.

Food cravings? My mind has really been on doughnuts lately? And just sweets in general.

Food aversions? No, nothing specific.

Symptoms: Peeing often. And feeling like I need to pee when I stand up but then not being able to when I try. I guess this child is hanging out on my bladder? Oh, and the good 'ol C word. Constipation. Apparently that's part of it, too.

Started to show yet? Yes, but I'm not sure it's enough that anyone notices besides Garrett and I.
  
Mood this week? I was a little bored and lonely this week with Garrett being gone. I'm so glad, and so thankful, that he is back safely!

What I am looking forward to? Our appointment tomorrow and seeing the baby! Also, having the weekend with Garrett!

Next appointment? Tomorrow!

Now it is time for an episode of PLL before I go to bed. That show is SO DUMB but I love it for some reason. Hope your week is going well!

Love love love, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment