Tuesday, September 5, 2017

I'm Baaaaack with a Weekly Baby Update


Wow....HELLO!! 
Are there any of you left out there? It's been a minute, hasn't it?
I assume the only people left that might see this are my mom and mother in law....hi y'all!! In case there is anyone else out there, hi to you too! 

Awhile back, Garrett and I made a big announcement...WE ARE HAVING A BABY!! Since making that announcement, I have decided that I wanted to start blogging again in order to have this to look back on one day. Long story short, I have been putting it off for several reasons, one being that photobucket no longer hosts photos on 3rd party sites (hence my header photo being completely gone and not being able to add photos to this post). I have absolutely no idea how to fix this, so bare with me until I can pester my husband into taking a look at it. 

My plan is to make a weekly post documenting that week of pregnancy and, true to style, I am already behind. Big surprise! Anyways, I'm 21 weeks as of now, but wanted to include last week, so here we go:

20 & 21 WEEKS 

How far along? Well...see above please. 

Weight gain/loss? Currently still down about 5 pounds. 

Maternity clothes? Not yet! Still able to wear my normal clothes for now, but they are getting a little snug on my stomach so I'm thinking I'll need to start shopping soon. Any recommendations?

Sleep? Listen y'all....I am a SLEEPER. I have always loved to sleep. But this getting up to pee at all hours of the night is getting in the way. I've been sleeping ok otherwise, except for I'm starting to think I have a form of restless leg syndrome? Almost every morning I wake up and my butt cheek and legs hurt and feel like I need to move them? So I have a kicking fit and stretch and sometimes that helps, sometimes it doesn't. 

Best moment these weeks? Hearing the baby's heartbeat at one of our 20 week appointments! If you know me, you know that I worry like it's my full time job, so being able to hear the heartbeat is so reassuring. ALSO, I started feeling little movements this week (20 weeks)!! Just a little twitch here and there, but pretty sure it's the baby! Either that or my uterus all of the sudden became twitchy?

Movement? See above. 

Miss anything? Good Lord do I ever. I might discuss this in a different blog post later on...but really early in this pregnancy we found out that my blood sugar was already starting to rise, so since about week 9ish I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and have been monitoring my blood sugar at home, as well as counting carbs at each meal. As of right now it is all under control, but I miss eating sweets like you wouldn't imagine. Don't get me wrong, I splurge every now and then but have definitely had to cut back in order to keep my blood sugar in the range it needs to be in. 

Food cravings? All of the sweets in the world, but particularly chocolate cake. Honestly, I haven't really had specific food cravings yet. I think wanting sweets just comes from the fact that I can't have many : ( 

Food aversions? Nope! I have been very lucky so far and haven't been sick at all or had many other issues (other than with blood sugar). Although, this past couple of weeks, I randomly gag? Out of nowhere, I just gag and then that's it. Garrett can't help but laugh every time he see's it. 

Symptoms: Just peeing quite a bit! That's really been the only symptom I have had so far. 

Started to show yet? Yes, I think so, but nothing dramatic. I didn't have a flat stomach to begin with, so it's tough to tell how much I am showing exactly. But my stomach is definitely more rounded than normal. 
  
Mood this week? Thankful and excited! We had our first 20 week appointment two weeks ago (when I was technically 19 weeks) and they did the anatomy scan to check growth, organ functioning, etc. and everything was right on track! I always go into appointments holding my breath, thinking something might go wrong, but so far we have one healthy little baby!! Hearing the heartbeat last week was also reassuring and put me into a good mood. This specific week has been pretty uneventful, but feeling the baby move around is exciting.

What I am looking forward to?  The growth scan on the 14th! Any time we get to have an ultrasound and check on baby, I feel excited (as well as nervous). Also, continuing to get the nursery ready, we have so much left to do. 

Next appointment? September 14th! 

Maybe one of these days I'll get blogging figured out again and add pictures to this post. We'll see.
Hope you are all having a great week so far!

Love love love,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment