Wednesday, September 27, 2017

24 Weeks

Hi y'all! 
I just got home from class, had Freddy's for dinner, and I am making myself write this post before it is almost a week late like the last one. I won't lie, these past 2 weeks are sort of running together in my mind, and not much has changed! I can't believe that I will be 25 weeks pregnant tomorrow. This is starting to get really real and I'm starting to think about the fact that fairly soon I have to give birth and that is scary.

How far along? 24 Weeks 

Weight gain/loss? I don't weigh myself at home, so I'm not sure! I'll find out on October 12th at our next appointment.

Maternity clothes? Same as last week! I have a pair of Jessica Simpson maternity jeans (the over the belly kind) and I really like them! They are comfortable and make my stomach look like a perfect round ball : ). I only have 4 shirts so far, so I need to go look again at some point, they are just so expensive!
 
Sleep? Same as last week. Constantly peeing and constantly tossing and turning because my ass cheeks and legs hurt. I have been waking up between 6-8am (if you know me, this is so early for me!) which is kind of nice other than needing a nap halfway through the day.

Best moment this week? Getting to hear the baby's heartbeat at our 24 week appointment on Thursday. The doctor was able to find it really quickly and it was nice and strong. It was just a 15 minute check up, but it was nice hearing his heartbeat. We also received info on classes we can take as well as a list of pediatrician's to consider. 

Sharing the baby's gender on social media was also fun! Our family's and close friends already knew, but it was nice letting everyone know. And now I don't have to always say "the baby", I can say he/him/his! We found this idea on Pinterest and thought it was perfect since it's finally fall.

Not baby related, but this past weekend was so relaxing! Garrett and I spent most of Sunday watching football and I finally won a fantasy football game. I also got a surprise in the mail from Julie, some fall scented Bath & Body Works lotion/body wash/spray. I LOVE getting things in the mail, so that was exciting. I got to FaceTime with Alyssa and Kinley, which always makes me happy. And, last but not least, mom and I talked on the phone today about my baby shower in November, which I am really excited about!

Movement? Yes! Still mainly flutters/twitches, but they are more often and are getting stronger. Sometimes they even kind of feel uncomfortable when it's on my full bladder. I think this child is going to be a night owl like his mama, he seems to be most active when I am trying to go to sleep.

Miss anything? Not currently, mainly just feeling thankful that everything is going smoothly so far.

Food cravings? Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! I have been eating them almost every day. Also, toast with peanut butter, banana slices, and cinnamon have been a delicious go to snack. 

I have to count carbs and balance them out with protein, so I have been eating so many boiled eggs and so much cheese. I never thought I could get tired of eggs or cheese, but I think I am almost there.

Food aversions? Nope.

Symptoms: Peeing often. Leg aches. Being emotional and crying anytime I get too happy or sad.

Started to show yet? Yes. This picture is from 2 weekends ago when I was trying on maternity clothes for the first time.
  
Mood this week? Normal? I've had a pretty good, overall uneventful, week. 

What I am looking forward to? Our next appointment, my parents visiting, ordering furniture for the nursery, and this weekend! I think we are going to the mountains to see the fall colors and that is always fun.

Next appointment? October 12th

No comments:

Post a Comment