Friday, September 12, 2014

France Day 2: Love Bridge and Lunch


After Notre Dame and the cream puffs, we headed to the Love Bridge which was a bit of a walk. I loved walking around Paris and seeing the various shops, restaurants, and people watching. The weather was absolutely perfect for a stroll through the city!


There were so many houseboats along the Seine river. This one is actually a fire station.


Europe and their narrow streets!


The Love Bridge is actually something I found out about through Instagram! I follow Troian Bellisario who plays Spencer on Pretty Little Liars. She spends quite a bit of her time in Paris and she had put up pictures of the Love Bridge and I decided I had to go! See, my nerdiness paid off! : )


If you look closely at the above picture you might see that the entire bridge is covered in locks! Couples have been coming here for years and adding locks to the bridge and throwing away the key. It symbolizes their love and their hopes that it will last forever. 


Really wishing Garrett was there to add a lock with me. One of these days!


Not only are the locks on the metal parts of the bridge, but there are locks upon locks, too! The locks are actually weighing the bridge down, so officers in Paris have started cutting them off and getting rid of them a little at a time. People have put locks on other things around the bridge too.


After the Love Bridge we had lunch at La Palette. Our tour guide told us that several famous people had eaten here before, such as Ernest Hemingway! After doing some research, I discovered that it is also where a portion of Taylor Swift's Begin Again music video was shot!! I wish I had known that while I was there! Figuring that out led to rewatching the video and seeing that part of it was also shot on the Love Bridge. Fangirling, big time! 


We all thought our waiter Bryan was really cute so we got one with him too. 


We all ordered the Croque Monsieur which is toasted bread, ham, and cheese. I had this several times while in France but this place had my absolute favorite! 


Had to have a chocolate eclair for dessert.


I would give anything for one of those right now. Ahhhhh. 
After lunch we headed to Montmartre, which is coming in the next post!

: )






4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I need to do this trip one day! You're making me want to badly!

    I love the information you shared about the bridge and how the locks are weighing the bridge down. I never would have thought of that.

    And I love how you love your Taylor Swift, haha.

    Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the idea of a love bridge. :-) There's a bridge here in Portland where people have been stealing this idea but I'd only do it with Nate in Europe - where it began. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned about the love bridge on Keeping Up with the Kardashians (shameful lol) and it is on my bucket list! Your food pictures make me hungry! Did you know Starbucks has a chocolate croissant now?

    ReplyDelete