Friday, July 13, 2012

Our Wedding: Reception

This is the last wedding post.
I really mean it this time.

{If you missed our previous wedding posts, check them out here, here, and here.}

Since we had a simple beach wedding, we had an equally simple reception afterwards.

 I had a small cake and we had dinner and champagne at one of the resort's restaurants. My dad, Garrett's dad, and our siblings gave toasts that were all very sweet. My dad surprised me by writing something and reading it out loud. That is something I will never forget, and is one of my favorite memories from our wedding day.

I changed out of my big dress into a yellow strapless comfy dress. I hate to say it, but I could not wait to get out of my wedding dress! It was way too hot to be wearing something that heavy!

This little bit of deliciousness was left in our room! : )


Our reception table


My little, but yummy, cake!



Sister giving her toast.


Yates' toast


Our Dad's toast's made us tear up a little. 


We weren't nice. We shoved it into eachother's faces.


 I'm not sure why I look drunk. I wasn't. 
Our cake sure was yummy!


Bride and Groom strawberries in our room : )


After our reception, Garrett and I stayed for a couple of day's to celebrate. 
When we got back home we had an outdoor reception at Perini Ranch Steakhouse so that we could see friends/family and celebrate with them. The venue was perfect! There was a dance floor, trees all around, and the food was great! I am somewhat bitter about that reception because it was outdoors and, of course, it started to rain. We had to call it quits way too early! Still makes me sad. 
But, I did have a great time and it was so great to see our friends and family!

Mom and dad

One of my best friends from highschool that I hadn't seen in a really long time was able to come! I was so happy!


Dancing in the rain






Ok. Thank you for hanging in there with the longest post ever! 

It was fun looking back at our pictures and reminiscing. Wedding pictures are always fun to look at! 

IT'S FRIDAY!!

7 comments:

  1. I love your reception pictures, Whit! That yellow dress was so cute on you. And those chocolate covered strawberries are presh! I bet those would be hard to make. Seeing the Perinis pictures makes me miss y'all :( that was a fun night (minus the silly rain of course)! I wore those stupid red shoes out in the dirt...Zach still hasn't let me live that down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how fun and relaxed your wedding looked! I want a beach wedding one day ... of course to the same man ;)

    maybe we can renew our vows on the beach one day! and i'll wear a gorgeous yellow sundress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo kind of in love with how your wedding was...

    new blog follower-
    Liz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh really, a beach wedding? Aww… :) And yes, it makes sense to have a simple wedding reception. Simplicity equates to sophistication in my book. This is even more practical. As long as the atmosphere is welcoming for the guests, a three-course menu is enough. I’d still like to say my greetings, Whitney. Best wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve never been to a beach wedding, but looking at the pictures, I can say that everyone enjoyed and had fun in your wedding. I know it’s a bit late but still allow me to send my warmest congratulations to you!

    -Walter Tully

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake looks yummy! You guys seemed to have so much fun and enjoyment during the wedding and at your wedding party back home! It's so nice to have an outdoor gathering with friends and family to celebrate something very special. I really think that outdoor venue was awesome! I love the evening photos! Congratulations!

    Kelli Mueller

    ReplyDelete