Thursday, November 8, 2012

Famous Tweets

I don't get Twitter. 
I have had mine for several months and still don't understand why people want to "follow" a bunch of strangers and "Tweet" back to them. Who cares what they have to say when you don't even know them?

Now that I think about this, it seems like what I do on Blogger. Psh...wait a minute...we are blogging FRIENDS! Not strangers! : ) Ok, I feel better...

Anyways, I use Twitter to follow certain celebrities and to see what they are up to because lets face it, their lives are more interesting than ours.

I started following Jef from last seasons, The Bachelorette, a month or so ago because I thought he was adorable and that he and Emily would last forever. Ok, not really. 
Yesterday I replied to one of his tweets and actually got a reply back! Imagine my surprise when I got a notification saying, " @jefholm has replied...". I was grinning from ear to ear. It was really pathetic. 


 Ok, that's my cool Twitter story. 
I'd like to say we had a cool conversation but in actuality I replied back, "'Atta boy!" and that was it. 

Do you guys use Twitter? Do you like it? If so, can you explain to me why you like it, maybe I am missing out on something! 

Happy almost Friday!



10 comments:

  1. I still don't get twitter really either. it stressed me out a little. but I did see that on instagram - that is fun that he tweeted you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a twitter account because I don't understand it at all. Maybe one day.

    It is so cool that he tweeted you back though. Love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are practically dating now :). So cool that he tweeted you back!! Maybe you should've started telling him all the things you're thankful for....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Whitney!! That is so cool, and I know the feeling (sort of) I don't know if you watch Duck Dynasty, but I'm a big fan. I got to meet them last weekend and I tagged John Luke in a picture and he started following my Instagram account...neat feeling for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO GLAD I am not the only one who doesn't get Twitter. Mostly I am following other bloggers right now. I am trying to "get" it still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this idea, funny :) <3

    want to follow each other? i will defiently follow back

    my blog:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I still don't really get twitter. But... I generally use it just to connect with other bloggers. So more than anything, it's just another branch of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely! I've just discovered your blog and it's awesome!
    I think it's a huge example for me to follow, and a great inspiration!
    For that I'm gonna follow you on GFC and I'd love if you do the same, so we could stay in contact and I keep learning about you!

    XOXO, Collage Minimalista

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friends and I have gotten some responses over the years from random celebrities and I think that is about the coolest part of twitter... Before twitter when would you ever have any communication with someone famous?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's awesome!! i would get so excited too!
    i do NOT get twitter either. not one bit. i don't tweet. lol. i don't think i ever will bc i look at it as one more thing to become obsessed with. well, actually not, bc i think i could refrain from it bc i just don't get it too. ;)
    i'm with ya!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete