Sunday, October 2, 2011

Easy and Delicious Buttermilk Pie

In celebration of Garrett's big night, I decided to make him his favorite kind of pie: Buttermilk pie. It is probably the easiest kind of pie to make and one of my favorites because I usually have everything in my kitchen already. Except for maybe the buttermilk. Thanksgiving is also quickly arriving and Buttermilk pie makes a delicious addition to the dessert table!

Ingredients:

9 Inch Unbaked Pastry Shell
1/4 Cup Flour
1 3/4 Cup  Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
3 Eggs
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla

Combine flour, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs. Beat slightly. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Pour into unbaked pastry crust and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes!

Note* It may look like the top of the pie is burnt before it is time to remove from the oven but it isn't. It's just the sugars caramelizing and turning a dark brown. This used to worry me every time and I would end up taking it out way too early!  But, I promise you you will want to let it finish!

Finishing the last piece! (Thanks for letting me take cheesy pictures babe!)


No comments:

Post a Comment