Sunday, March 3, 2013

Husband and Wife Q&A

I found this link up over at Passion, Pink, and Pearls, and while G and I aren't really newlyweds, I thought it would be fun to participate. I love filling out surveys. And, to my surprise, G was down to do it too, so here ya go!  

Oh, I filled out my answers first and then he filled out his on a separate document so he couldn't read my answers first. I'm not sure why I thought that was important to share with you, but...yeah. 

What advice would you give a friend who just found out they were getting married?

W: I would tell her not to stress out too much over the wedding, that it's the person you are going to be with in the end that matters. 

G: Listen to each other. Communicate with each other. Admit when you are wrong. Buy Settlers of Catan. 

Do you have a pet name for your spouse? If so, what is it? 

W: Psh do I have a pet name? I have several! Babe, Hubbins, Bean, Bear, Baby Bear, Beanie, Honey, and Siggy are the ones I can think of right off the top of my head.
G: Of course! Quite a few actually. But most notable would probably be "Siggs" which is short for significant other. Super corny, but unique. Just like me! 

What are three things your spouse cannot live without?

W: Me : ), Music, and Coffee.

G: Cats, Reality TV, and Sleep.

What is your favorite date idea? (Something you have or haven't done) 

W: Right now my favorite date idea is the Color Run we signed up for. Don't get me wrong, I hate running, but I think it will be memorable and fun! And it's a healthy alternative to the dates we normally have.

G: Watching the sun set over the Hobbiton movie set in Matamata, New Zealand. I can think of no more desirable thing in this world than holding Whitney while overlooking a golden sunset-filled Shire. Nerdy? Yes. Awesome? You betcha.

Is there a book or movie that reminds you of your marriage? If so, what and why?

W: Yes! Gone Girl! Ok, ok, just kidding! Honestly I can't think of one that reminds me of our marriage. This question is hard and I'm not really a movie-goer. 

G: Kill Bill! Ok...just kidding. The Shining! Kidding again. As a movie guy you'd think I have one but I don't really. Maybe (500) Day of Summer? Except we actually stay together. We can drive  each other crazy but we are crazy about each other all at the same time. Which kind of makes life worth living. And the scene where Josheph Gordon-Levitt randomly starts singing in a musical number in public is how Whitney makes me feel all the time: so damn happy that I just wanna burst out into song (or mosh). 

Rate the very last kiss you had with your spouse. How was it on a scale of 1-10? 

W: That kiss was a 15! I tricked him into it because I saw this question coming up and said, "Can I have a kiss?" If I didn't know better I would think that he had already read this question! He grabbed ahold of my shirt and everything! 

G: Upon first reading this, a 10 for sure. It was a good, long, wet one about 30 minutes ago. HOWEVER, I have now come to realize it was all based on a lie. You see, about 31 minutes ago as Whitney was filling out this questionnaire, she randomly asked me to come kiss her. I happily obliged thinking, "That was unexpected and sweet." Nope. She was just looking to fill out her precious survey...(but between you and me it was well worth it, regardless of intentions and still a solid 10). 

What was the very first thing you noticed about your spouse? 

W: Well first, I thought he was hot. And silly. And he had dark hair and blue eyes which is perfection to me! 

G: I'm going to trace this back to our first date because we'd known (of) each other for years. This was at the wonderful world of Wal-Mart in Sweetwater, TX because it was a few months old and THE place to hang out. So sad...The first thing I noticed about her was that she stumbled on a couple of her words when she was talking. Think "temporary lisp". But what was more noticeable was how I kept telling her I never knew she had a lisp and it got under her skin. Fast. Of course I knew she didn't have a lisp at all. I was just giving her a hard time. Testing her boundaries. Which is how our relationship is to this very day. We have to keep each other on our toes! 

What was the very first gift your spouse gave you? 

W: I have no idea! I have a horrible memory with this kind of stuff. The first thing I can remember was a little box of chocolates that he gave me for Easter when we were still in high school.  

G: A swift ass kicking in Connect 4 at a New Years Eve party in 2004. We played that game at least 10 times that night and I didn't win a single one. This was the first time we had ever really spent time together more than a few minutes.

Is there anything you sacrificed when you married your spouse? If so, what? 

W: Other than little things like sharing a bathroom and having to constantly hear music, not really.  

G: As much as I listen to music even now (probably at least 2 hours a day), I used to listen to it A LOT more. As in at least 20 hours a day. Eating. Sleeping. Walking to class. Driving to work. All the time. Nonstop. So it was less of a sacrifice and more of a much needed intervention.  

What would your spouse say is the funniest photo of you? Post it below. 

W: I think it would have to be this one we just took last weekend because for some reason the computer didn't read Garrett's face so he looks normal and I look ridiculous.
 
 
G: Since we just took a ton of random funny pics, those are fresh on my mind. I'd probably say this one. Notice how I look like the Creepy Toby McGuire meme. We both found that humorous. 


 
 
I hope you all had a great Sunday! Can't wait to read about your weekends!
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I barely remember gifts that people give me either years later. Is that sad? I love it how he looks normal and you look weird in that pic. It's like, what the heck happened to her?? LOL. You two are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww cute! I love the kissing thing. Too funny! I can tell y'all are really in love, and that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun post! and that kissing question is really funny too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I love this!! So much so that I stole it :). I loooove G's answers...they are so sweet! His perfect date idea seriously made me tear up, what a romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are so cute! i love that you tricked him with the kiss! :)
    i was cracking up at some of your answers and "aww'ing" at others. i love that garrett said "kill bill" and "the shining" when comparing them to your marriage hahaha!!
    i couldn't live without my cats either. never!!
    that color run sounds like it's going to be so much fun - and i bet the photos and memories will be incredible!
    i hope you're having a great start to your week! xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww I love all the nicknames...that's awesome!
    You guys are doing the color run?!? Where at? We are signed up too! For the Dallas one...I CAN'T WAIT!
    "And the scene where Josheph Gordon-Levitt randomly starts singing in a musical number in public is how Whitney makes me feel all the time: so damn happy that I just wanna burst out into song (or mosh"---now if that's not the sweetest answer EVER I don't know what is!
    haha and the kiss questions answers are awesome!
    (glad you linked up, ps; SO incredible sorry that I didn't read till now, I posted todays and realized I never went back to read everyone's! Bad host! Loved reading your answers hope yall do them again!)

    ReplyDelete