Monday, February 18, 2013

Celebrating Valentine's Day


I know, Valentine's Day was last week. 
But, I still want to share our day with you guys and, you know, get it on the ol blog.

Technically, we celebrated Valentines day at 3am Friday morning when G got off of work. That's our new normal, up until 5am and sleeping until atleast 3pm. 

Earlier that day, before Garrett had gone to work, I started working on the crossword puzzle that he had made me to start off my Valentine's scavenger hunt. I finished the crossword and decided I wanted to wait to finish the scavenger hunt/exchange gifts until he got home that night.
 So we took a nap. 

This crossword was all about our relationship, and I knew ALL the answers but 2. I was pretty proud! {The 2 I didn't know were hard! Ex. The name of the street our apartment in Florence, Italy was on? Answer: Ghibellina.}


I spent the day cleaning the apartment and getting Garrett's gifts set up. 

And I may have watched the Bachelor. 12 hours is a long time to be home by yourself!



When Garrett got home we ate dinner and I finished my sweet scavenger hunt. G hid thoughtful notes in places around the apartment with a small gift. It was fun and something I won't forget!

{I wasn't wearing makeup so don't judge too hard on these pictures!}

After the crossword, my next clue led me to our collection of vinyls. 


This was hidden in a note in our Def Leppard vinyl:


So, as I went around the apartment {and outside in the freezing weather} I gathered up my sweet notes along with the thoughtful gifts at each place. 


 I am so thankful to have a sweet, thoughtful husband! I thought my gifts to him were sweet, and of course he out did me, as usual!

After I finished the scavenger hunt, it was his turn. 
He didn't have to work too hard, his gifts were laid out right in front of him.





My friend Diedre gave me the idea to make G this Saints thinga-ma-jigger for his new office. 
It's wood, nails, and thread.
He loved it.
 {He was even wearing his Saints shirt that day!}


We ended up hanging out until around 5am and went to bed. 

It was a great Valentine's day! I've said it once and I'll say it again; I am so very thankful to have such a sweet, thoughtful hubby who can make me feel so special!

ps. Don't forget to enter into the giveaway I am participating in here! Giftcards and a cute accessory!




10 comments:

  1. OMG, this is sooo sweet!!!!!! I have taken my husband on a scavenger hunt and he did for me, but we kind of planned it. Would be nice to just come home to one one day ;D

    So thoughtful and fun!

    You two are the cutest, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so sweet!! You each came up with perfect gifts that really capture Valentine's day perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so precious. I just love y'all. And I'm pretty jealous of how great you look without makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute!! What a wonderful day filled with love and sweet gifts. Your table all set for Garrett is adorable...love the chalkboard. I lol that he wrote $10.0000000 on your giftcard to Hobby Lobby! :) glad you had a great day! I love that you stay up so late...it's so fun being a vampire. Lol
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two look so happy. This is so heartwarming :) I'm a sucker for love

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg you guys did SO good!! i'm impressed! i love all the thought you both put into your gifts...and G's Saints board turned out AMAZING! tutorial soon please? i wanna make Zach an A&M one for his office.

    glad y'all had such a special valentine's day. y'all love each other so much- it really shows in these pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The two of you are so cute!! What a great V day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what a sweet way to celebrate Valentine's day!! I love the whole scavenger hunt thing he did for you- so thoughtful! I must admit I am a bit jealous...my boyfriend tends not to be very romantic. I told him he needs to step it up when we get married ;)

    -Jenna Brianne
    wearablefunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, cutest V-day, ever. Your hubby is the most thoughtful man! Zac got me a card with too people standing under an umbrella. Inside it said, "I want to shower you with love" --(then insert Zac's handwriting) or "shower with you!". Yeah. Yep. I have a husband who can turn anything sweet into something sassy. Eh well, gotta love 'um.

    ReplyDelete