Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars Faves


Did y'all watch the Oscars last night?
G and I watched and, believe it or not, I actually {somehow} got him to sit down and watch the whole thing! I owe him big time.

While I haven't seen the majority of the movies that were nominated {I have seen exactly 1 of them}, I still enjoyed looking at everyone's dresses, hearing their acceptance speeches, and laughing at Seth Macfarlane. 

Since I have only seen one of the nominated films, Django Unchained, that was my vote for pretty much every award because I knew for a fact it was a great movie. I can't wait to watch Silver Linings Playbook {I don't know why I haven't, I love Jennifer Lawrence and don't get me started on how hot Bradley Cooper is}, and now I want to see Argo.
Have you seen either of those two?

My favorite dress was Naomi Watts' dress. It was modern and different and still classy all at the same time. 


I was so glad that Adele looked gorgeous after the dress she chose for the Grammy's. As a matter of fact, I think last night was the most gorgeous I have ever seen her. Her hair looked fabulous, she should wear it like that all the time!


I was so glad Christoph Waltz won Best Supporting Actor for Django Unchained, he was so good in that movie! {Plus, his German accent is so cute!} If you haven't seen that movie, I think you should see it.

I think it's so crazy and interesting that Daniel Day Lewis is a "method actor", which means he stays in character the whole time he is playing a role. Like, even at home, he acted like Abraham Lincoln. That's wack.

Jennifer Lawrence looked beautiful and, to me, she is one of those people who can just do no wrong. I think it's because she seems so down to Earth and sweet. And goofy, that's important too. {And what a lucky girl to get to make out with Bradley Cooper!}


I loved Kerry Washington's dress too. Pinkish + sparkle = love in my book.

Images via Google Images

Overall I thought this was one of the best award shows I have seen in awhile. Seth Macfarlane was funny to me, I loved the dancing at the beginning {especially with Josheph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe}, and now I have a list of must-see movies!

What did you think about it?



16 comments:

  1. Good choices! I loved all those dresses too. So cute when Jennifer Lawrence fell on the stairs. Made me love her even more for some reason. Naomi's dress was so fun! I loved it too!

    storiesofkel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw 6 of the 9 movies nominated for Best Picture. I also am glad that Christopher Waltz won Best Supporting Actor (as I think he's the best actor on the planet). And Jennifer Lawrence is from right here in KY so that was awesome as well! I was pulling for Silver Linings to win Best Picture but Argo was a great movie as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I def want to see Silver Linings Playbook and Argo. Both are in my blockbuster queue. Jennifer Lawrence is positively glowing in that dress. I didn't watch the show. I'll be getting all my info from blogs! So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want Adele's hair from last night! She looked gorgeous! I think you were dead on with the best dressed, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we dvr'd it and steve watched some of it. i am going to watch it tonight. :) i LOVE adele's look...she is so classy and pretty...and rocks the red lipstick! we saw silver linings playbook and loved it...not at all what i expected...really good story. and jennifer lawrence is HOT. steve and i were arguing about her because he said he doesn't find her all that pretty. hmmph. lol.
    bradley cooper - oh yeah :)
    i hope you have a wonderful monday, whitney xoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerry Washington will always make best dressed for me! She looks fabulous! Jennifer Lawrences' recover after her fall was so funny, and Bradley Cooper looking on to her was just precious! Naomi Watts dress is so unique and stunning!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy Adams' dress was my favorite!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argo was one of the best movies I've ever seen. I loved it. It was historical but somehow also super thrilling. See it. And Silver Linings Playbook because the acting really was incredible. And I had NO IDEA that Daniel Day-Lewis stayed in character. Can you imagine being married to him? Holy crap, his wife deserves that trophy as much as he did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't watch the Oscars but Naomi's dress is my favorite too.

    J Law is incredible. I completely agree that she can do no wrong. I want to be her friend in real life. And yeah, lucky girl got make out with Bradley. He's gorgeous too. I have to see Silver Linings.

    Argo was incredible! You have to see it. Trust me, you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Argo was sooooo good. I only watched a little bit last night, and I was so happy that Ben got to give his speech. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to see Silver Linings Playbook. I have heard so many good things about it! I didn't get to watch the Oscars, so was excited to read your little recap!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still trying to catch up....I watched all three hours of E's "red carpet" last night and loved looking at the dresses (best part of award shows...duh). I love Kerry Washington's dress! By far my fave...you're right, pink and sparkles=perfection. I didn't like Anne Hathaways :/ too boring. Naomi Watts did look gorgeous...she just gets better with age. I still need to watch JGL's little skit..hopefully tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love jennifer lawrence even more after watching the oscars and her interviews after too! she seems so down to earth! and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Seth. He did a great job.

    And JLaw is adorable. I just love her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just telling my husband that I want to be famous so I can wear gorgeous dresses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Loved Kerry Washington and Naomi Watts also, and of course, Sandra Bullock can do no wrong! I love her like you love T-Swift :)
    Anne Hathaway's whole look was the biggest disappointment especially since she won! Seth was hilarious and I think this years Oscar's were the best because the show was dedicated to celebrating music as well! I love this post!

    ReplyDelete