Garrett and I made a decision to start trying to eat at home more often and to try out new recipes. Y'all, we eat out WAY too much!
So far, it's been great, thanks to Pinterest! I have found so many delicious new recipes on there! A couple of nights ago we made my new favorite recipe which I will definitely share on here sometime in the near future.
Today I am sharing the recipe for these Cheesy Bacon Mashed Potatoes. They make the perfect side dish! We had them with chicken and it was so good!
What you need:
3-4 Large Baking Potatoes
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
4oz Cream Cheese
1 Teaspoons Parsley
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1 Cup Grated Cheese
6 to 8 Slices of Bacon, Cooked
What to do:
Preheat oven to 350
1. Cook quartered potatoes in boiling water until soft. Remove and beat with a mixer until smooth.
2. Add milk, sour cream, cream cheese, parsley, garlic salt, and nutmeg, and mix until thoroughly mixed and texture is creamy.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remember that the cheese and bacon will add salt later!
5. Spoon into an 8x8 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spay.
6. Top with cheese and bacon.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Original recipe here.
Enjoy! : )